18 April 2020

Rhonda's Easy Peasy Gift Card

Happy weekend all I'm enjoying being stuck at home & this week I had my first make a card via Zoom meeting. My upline Rhonda Fawcett and my Stampin' Up! team have been inspirational & challenging during lockdown & we're all learning new skills how to communicate & do things virtually.

I actually lost the transmission half way through the lesson as my laptop decided to do a Windows update which was kind of hilarious but when you look at the tutorial I created with Rhonda's instructions afterwards you will see I scored my card stock in the opposite direction but it still worked out a OK. So a huge success for our Virtual Make-a-Card. We'd been given the instructions for cutting before hand & some of the scoring but some we did together virtually.



How to KReate your own gift card :

1. Main colour base 27 cm x 9 cm and 20 cm x 3.2 cm strip also in main colour.
  • Score largest piece at 9 cm and 18 cm.
  • Score strip at 6 cm and 15.5 cm.
2. Your choice of DSP to match card. A smaller pattern is better and it MUST be multi directional. Cut to 8.5 cm square.

3. Punch out a 2-¼" punched circle in 2nd colour to coordinate with first colour and DSP. If you don't have this circle punch, use a die or cut out a 2-¼" square.

4. White card 8.5 cm square plus a piece of scrap white card big enough for you to stamp an image and fussy cut out to adhere to the centre of your circle.

5. Choose a stamp set to use with any words for inside of card and an image to go in circle as mentioned above.

6. Score the main card base (27 cm x 9 cm piece) as below:
Supply list (Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Free As a Bird Stamp set (#149468)
Paper :  Bird Ballad DSP (#149592), Delight, Old Olive & Whisper White.
Dies: Layering Circles (#141705) and Stitched Shapes (#145372)

The skinnier strip was the belly band & it's closure is hidden by the image on the front. I coloured my wee bird up with my Copics but I chose colours that were a close match to Old Olive (YG95 and as I didn't have a lighter colour I used 2 Polychromo pencils for a bit of shading Earth Green and Cold Grey), Daffodil Delight (Y35/Y32) & Crumb Cake (E41/E43) with B00 & B000 creating the sky.


And because it was very squally outside I used my rosemary to anchor the card down so you can see the directions I chose to score & lay the DSP on the card, which as it turned out was the opposite of Rhonda's but it worked fine in this orientation too. I blame the Windows update for taking me offline as she was demonstrating how to do this step. The wee template diagram I have KReated for you & wasn't available  to me when I started our online class.


It was fun to see how everyone's cards looked like as we'd only been given the instructions for steps 1-5 above. So we'd all chosen different colours & DSPs & stamps to work with BUT they all looked fab!!



✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen