1 April 2020

Scrappy Strip Technique

My Stampin' Up! team (the Star Stampers) are going to do a different technique every week whilst we're all in lockdown. The first challenge was to try Bruno Bertucci's scrappy strip technique, it really requires very little apart from lots of badly cut strips of card stock. You can check out the video here (the technique starts at 20 mins approximately).

This is what it looks like when adhering to the card mat (LHS is all trimmed, RHS all attached & waiting to chop down to a mat).


I'm really liking the Silicon Craft mat it's perfect to stop the glue getting all over your work surface.


Looking at Bruno's card he used much thinner strips than I did, the colours I used were Cherry Cobbler, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla and Basic Black.


 My team have all jazzed their cards up with embellishments so I used the lovely cherry blossom stamp from Forever Blossoms (#151457) &diecut it out with the matching die-set (Cherry Blossoms #151456) & I've colored up with my Copics (R11, E95, G20, YG11, Y35 and W1). A few Champagne Rhinestones for a bit of bling. I have stamped the image with Memento Desert Sand ink for a more no-line colouring look. The sentiment is from the Beautiful You stamp set (#143637) and everything is popped up with some dimensionals.



This was such a fun & easy technique so I challenge you all to have a go too, it certainly brightened up my day. Thanks Bruno for the great technique & Bev Pountney for challenging us all.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen