26 April 2020

Star Stampers Lockdown Challenge Week 5



Diane Pawley challenged us to make a Split Panel Recessed Card this week. To be honest I've never ever seen one before & by the number of videos I found on You Tube they were trendy a few years ago but they're highly effective and very easy especially if you're like me & followed this video by Stamp with Joy as you just cut the top layer & then make wee strips of a contrast colour, attach & trim with your scissors, no measurements required. Rather than stamping an image, I've used a piece of Peaceful Poppies DSP (#151324) that is the same size as the card front ie 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm and attached to the thick Whisper White base. I chose to work with poppies as it was Anzac day in New Zealand yesterday & it was a strange one being locked down in our bubbles so I decided to share one of My Food Bag meals which was a hearty steak, chips & coleslaw with 2 elderly neighbours that are locked down all by themselves  and I wanted to pop in some homemade poppies (KReated with Poppy Moments dies #151594) with their bag of food. I liked this colour combo of Real Red base & the outer edge Poppy Parade. I didn't own any Garden Green card stock so used scraps of Wild Wasabi and Pear Pizzazz. The sequins were just some in my stash and aren't SU! The lovely word is from Peaceful Moments (#151595) which is such a versatile saying set and has been stamped with Garden Green ink as I did own that ;)

 I also snapped a few things that took my eye around my house as it was truly was a fabulous Autumn day.



As the saying goes on Anzac Day "Lest We Forget" and we truly won't forget the Anzac Day of 2020.

✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. I love your recessed panel card.
    The colours are great together. It is very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen