9 April 2020

Star Stamper's Lockdown week 3 challenge card

Firstly hope everyone is enjoying our enforced staycation as we head into the Easter weekend, its a bit wet & squally in New Zealand so will be nice to snuggle up with the cats on the couch weather anyhow.

My stampin' family the Star Stampers have been doing a weekly challenge whilst we're in lockdown, this week's one was a big challenge and surprisingly I'm really happy how it turned out.

Shona Edmonds set us the challenge "Opposites Attract"

There were 4 combos to choose from and you can only add white or vanilla card stock and black ink.

  • Bermuda Bay and Poppy Parade. 
  • Granny Apple Green and Melon Mambo.
  • Pacific Point and Grapefruit Grove.
  • Blackberry Bliss and Pineapple Punch.

And if you didn’t have the card stock colours pick something close.

To be honest I hated all the combos. Shona though had made 4 cards with all the combos & they all looked pretty fab so I thought I can do this. I always gravitate towards green so challenged myself to try something new so I chose Blackberry Bliss and Daffodil Delight (as I didn't own Pineapple Punch).


I used the fabulous Butterfly Beauty thinlit dies (#148536) and the sentiment comes from Peaceful Moments (#151595). I had planned to put the sentiment up on a flag but could see it would hide the beautiful butterfly so cut it out and tucked it under, in hindsight I wish I had used the Subtle embossing folder on the white card stock. I used my alcohol markers to colour up the rhinestones as you can never have too much bling.

Cutting dimensions 
Blackberry Bliss 14.8 x 21 cm (scored at 10.5 cm)
Daffodil Delight 13.8 x 9.5 cm
Whisper White 13.5 x 9 cm

Well it's my turn to set next weeks challenge so will now have to put on my thinking cap.

Once again happy Easter all, stay safe, stay warm, stay home & hopefully the Easter bunny can find your place (must admit chocolate eggs was one of the things I stocked up on straight away pre-lockdown).

Inky hugs,
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen