15 September 2024

AAA Card Challenge 274: The most challenging sketch ever!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone handles the latest sketch at AAA Cards as OMG this one had me totally stumped as all I can see is a mass of blobs and not very pretty at all IMO.


I've taken quite a few liberties with interpreting the sketch and have used a leaf stencil with some pretty and spring-like colours as in the Southern Hemisphere it is now "Spring" but when I had created my leaf cluster I thought to myself that looks like it would make a lovely Sympathy card. I've also flipped the sketch on it's side.

I'm also going to play along with The Paper Players as they have a CAS and Back to Nature challenge happening.




Supply List:
Stamps: Sentiment Staples (TE), Falling for You stencil and clear stamp combo (TE)
Ink (all TE): Sweet Basil, Mint Julep, Pink Champagne, Confetti Cake
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Other: Inside-Out Stitched rectangle die (LF), Blue Gold Gansi Tambi paint
Challenges: AAA#274, PP707

Well I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like my card and I feel like my blobs AKA leaves look rather pretty in their Spring-colours.
✿Karen✿

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maaike I was really pleasantly surprised how this all turned out

      Delete
  2. It is indeed a challenging sketch but you've done wonders with it. I love the clean, crisp design of this. The spring colours are great and the little stitched detailing around the card panel add a real touch of elegance. It's great to touch base with another New Zealander in the card challenge world too! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen... gorgeous sympathy card. Bummer we have to make them but at least we do it in style. Love your soft colors and CAS design. (I think you nailed the sketch too!) Thanks so much for sharing with Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen