13 September 2024

Seize the Birthday: adding stripes

Hi everyone this is my 3rd Guest Designer card for Seize the Birthday and the optional topper is stripes this time, but as always you can just enter a birthday card to play along.



 
I normally love adding stripes using a stencil but thought I would try something different and use my Pinstripe background stamp by Altenew. One of the cool things about Altenew is that all stamps come with an idea booklet with multiple examples. I've played with one of the ideas for my card and used some left over flowers etc. from a Virtual mixed media event I took part in awhile ago with Hero Arts using their Beautiful Day set, so this was a very easy card to create and packs a bit of WOW. The sentiment comes from Pinkfresh's Simply Sentiments. I've also added some black splats using Liquorice IZINK Dye Spray by Seth Apter.



Well I hope I have inspired you to go "stripey" with your birthday cards this week.

✿Karen✿

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous just with the Topping, Karen! If you don't mind can you stick the graphic in your post please. We love advertisement. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy and oops this was blogged as my PC was going off to the PC shop so a bit of a rush job with creating the post.

      Delete
  2. Karen, such a pretty card with your stripe background and the beautiful flowers. So lovely. Thanks for being our Surprise Party Guest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think black stripes for a background is very striking and really makes the other images pop as it does with your flowers! Thanks for bringing such great inspiration to this STB challenge and all our followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card, Karen! I love the fine stripes on the background, and the lovely colours of the florals just pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen