29 September 2024

AAA Card Challenge 275: and I try a new technique to me

Hi everybody it's time for a new challenge at AAA Cards and this week it's anything CAS goes with the optional twist to use Autumn colours. I'll also play along with CAS on Friday's challenge to add leaves to a card.

I bought the Soft Seedlings (SU!) stamp set awhile ago as it's one of their Distinktive stamps but trying to make the leaves multi-coloured with a blending brush wasn't really happening for me and then I saw Lisa Freeman create a card with this set doing the baby wipe technique which you can watch HERE if you want to know how to do it. I've never done the technique before so thought I'd give it a go, basically you add drops of re-inker to a baby wipe and then stamp and smoosh your stamp.

I've used the following inks Sweet Potato Pie (TE), Citron (PFS), Guava (TE), Mulled Wine (TE).



My original plan was to have one leaf cascading from the top LH corner with the sentiment flowing from it but thought my first "stamp" wasn't that fab so ended up going across the top with the maple leaf and added one little floating seed which was the best stamped image, so maybe I needed more ink or more smooshing into my homemade ink pad to mix the colours. I've splattered with some Rose Gold Gansai Tambai paint and stamped the sentiment in the Mulled Wine ink. It's all been stamped directly onto an A2 card base and I think it's a really lovely card to send to a friend, so much better than my ink blended leaves I was trying to do. So a fun and easy technique to try your hand at.



Well I hope you can join in with the fun at AAA Cards with an Anything CAS goes card or play along with the Autumn colours twist, even though it's definitely Spring in New Zealand now it was still fun to play with the colours.


Thanks for popping in.

✿Karen✿

6 comments:

  1. love it and the technique, I gorgot about that paper towel thing, thank you for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and I too had forgotten about it

      Delete
  2. I haven't done this technique for so long. When I was a SU demo we used to do it to sell refills. Gorgeous card. Hope you are healing and feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue feeling great but not pushing or in all honesty trying to craft. Will start again when allowed to drive.

      Delete
  3. Great card with a fun technique. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen