17 May 2022

Easy watercolouring

It's a colour challenge at Just Add Ink this week and after my struggle with my butterflies yesterday I wanted something easy with a bit of WOW.


I am always surprised how much I like cards that are created with colours from a challenge, I think it maybe because they are not colours I would pick but they work and you may find a combo you actually really like. 

This weeks colours were all colours I like but when you stamp with Blushing Bride it's a dirty pink but when you "watercolour" with it I think it's a prettier pink. So I used the re-inkers to colour up one of my favourite stamps Mondo Hydrangea (Essential by Ellen). 

I have heat embossed it with white embossing powder (Alabaster Brutus Monroe) on Ranger watercolour paper (as its a white paper unlike most watercolours which are off-white to cream). 

I used a no. 2 round watercolour brush by Black Velvet to wet every flower and then used a very small amount of re-inker to colour in, then repeated on a flower not touching the one I just coloured so there was no bleeding. I was pleased I managed to get some colour variation with the Mint Macaroon as only a single colour. I love this paint brush and hopefully one day can afford the no. 4.
I have used a sponge dauber with white Craft ink (Hero Arts Unicorn) on the retired SU! embossing folder Pretty Prints. The saying comes from The Ton's Easy Expressions: Sympathy - I just adore these easy expressions stamps (I have sympathy, thanks and birthday sets). They are 2-step stamping, so you can have different colours easily and when you use the matching dies you get about 6-10 lovely sentiment strips.
 
Supply List:
Stamps and dies: Mondo Hydrangea, Easy Expressions Sympathy
Ink: Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaroon, white craft, Versamark
Paper: Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaroon, watercolor
Other: White embossing powder, Iridescent Rhinestone jewels (SU!), dimensionals, Pretty Prints EF, water colour brush, sponge dauber

EDITED 19/5/22: My card was an "honourable mention".
✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karen! Your watercolouring is fabulous, lovely layers and texture too! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love hydrangeas & this is a lovely image. You’ve coloured it beautifully with the challenge colours & the background layers really enhance in the image too. Thanks for playing along with the challenge this week,
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen, I really like all the layers and texture. A lovely colouring technique. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen