10 May 2022

So tweet

Just Add Ink has another fab challenge this week to just "Choose 2"
I chose stencil and heat embossing as my two. I actually used my stencil to do stencil emboss resist. I've used 2 stencils from Taylored Expressions; Frayed Edge and Rainbow Repeat. 

So I placed the rainbow stencil down with the rectangle stencil on top.  They're both 6x6" so laid on top of each other nicely. I used a mini Versamark ink pad to add the embossing ink through the rainbow stencil. Then I lifted both stencils and added a retired Stampin' Up! embossing powder called Ice (which I think is clear EP with Dazzling Diamonds glitter) and heat set/embossed it with my heat tool.

I then laid my rectangle stencil over the embossed rainbow rectangle. I then used my  Distress Oxides with a blending brush. Unbelievably my rectangle stencil was "dirty" and there was black marks on the bottom of my cardstock when I lifted the rectangle stencil up.  I could have started again but it looked really pretty so decided to die cut it out. 

I used a stitched rounded rectangle die from My Favorite Things to cut out the embossed, stenciled rectangle. I then popped the cut out border up on skinny foam strips.

Distress Oxides used were: Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Salvaged Patina, Shaded Lilac 

The stamp set I'm using is called So Tweet and its a set I bought over a year ago from Close to my Heart, it also has 5 matching thin cuts and it is phenomenal value at $37.50 for the set. It is still available to purchase.
I have also covered the wee heart and balloon with Nuvo Crystal Glaze. The saying from the stamp set is white heat embossed and fussy cut out by me. I have Copic coloured the images.







Well that certainly was a sweet tweet from me. I am actually really enjoying having a go at a few challenges a week - it is getting me out of my usual stamping style/rut. So thanks for popping in.


✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Such a delightful card Karen. I really like your colourful background and great emboss resist technique. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantelle it was a lot of fun, thanks for the challenge

      Delete
  2. So colourful and that little birdy is just divine! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Just Add Ink! Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen