7 May 2022

Scrappy strippy time

It's been a while since I had a go at the scrappy strip technique which I have to say when you're doing it looks a "hot mess" but when you cut down to a card stock mat it looks fab. I was inspired by this fab graphic at The Color Throwdown to have a go at this weeks challenge.

The colours for this week are mint green, strawberry, light yellow and navy. Just generic colors (so any brand/type/whatever you have will work) and you can always feel free to add in neutrals (white / black etc) to make your creation pop!

I love that dress, this is a dress that young me would have worn!

Because of the pattern on the dress it reminded me of scrappy strip cards but they're just badly cut strips of card stock attached to a neutral colour. I used strips of Mint Macaroon, Strawberry Slush (now retired), So Saffron, Night of Navy from SU! I wanted to do Kraft as my neutral but I had to search through a lot of old Simon Says Stamp kits to find a piece of Desert Sand. My partner Pete will be happy "he won" as I used to love Kraft but he used to say OMG you don't go buy cardboard cards when you go to a stationary shop. Thinking about I decided he was right so obviously never bought anymore when I ran out.



Then with a guillotine you make a mat.


Place the mat on your card and embellish, the cards are often just embellished with a saying as the pattern is so striking but I found this really cool wee stamp set called Fun in the Sun (My Favorite Things) and I thought ohh I'll colour the beach towel in to match the strips.

I did no-line colouring with my Copics but that might not have been such a good idea as I lost her pigtails so had to also use a Burnt Sierra polychromo pencil to add some definition. Now I'm not sure if it is my colouring but this wee girl is the spitting image of my granddaughter Indianna (see below).



Recipe:
Stamps: Fun in the Sun (and matching die) - My Favorite Things
Ink: Night of Navy, Desert Sand (Memento) 
Paper: So Saffron, Night of Navy, Mint Macaroon, Strawberry Slush, Desert Storm, X-press It 
Other: Dimensionals, various Copic markers, white gel pen

Copic Markers (I follow Kim Singdahlsen's suggestions for Copic colour match up to SU! colours)
Beach Towel: Y21, G12, B99, E43
Hair: Y21, YR23, YR24 and Burnt Sienna Polychromo pencil
Skin: E00, E93, V12, R30
Togs: RV11, RV13, RV14
Hairclip: RV13, RV14

I have to say I'm really loving these challenges I'm making cards I never would have thought of, they certainly are making me think outside the square.

And here's the cutest granddaughter  in the world says one very biased nanny but there is a big resemblance between her and the stamped image.

Indianna aka Indie 2022

✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. What a creative and beautiful background! Your granddaughter is so precious as well! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen