25 May 2022

Just call me......

I have to admit when I lifted my stencil I squealed and went OMG just call me Cathy Zielske!!! Cathy was the guest tutor for our 2nd day at Online Card Classes Spring Camp and she demonstrated the Joseph Coat technique using a stencil and wow does it pack a punch. 

 I've snapped as I went along so you can get some idea of the process.
The card Cathy demoed for her first project also used a leafy stencil so this is the closest I'll ever get to doing it like "Cathy". 

 I have to say that this online class series is one of the best I have ever done and it is such phenomenal value (it was $22USD when I signed up) and includes 10 days of videos and a a different project every day taught by 2 fab tutors. So lots of examples and twists.

Here's my finished card and supplies used.  

I feel like the card on the white fence backdrop is a better representation of the bright colours but the white card stock "disappears".

Stamp: Up the Happy (Essentials by Ellen)
Stencil: Leafy by Dina Wakley
Distress Oxides: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Salvaged Patina, Wilted Violet, Villainous Potion (but this got chopped off), Black Soot
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen