22 May 2022

Ink Lifting and playing with Stampin' Up! new in-colours for 2022

Hi everyone I seem to be slowly recovering from my head cold and I wanted to play along with Just Add Ink's challenge to "case yourself" plus start on having a go at Online Card Classes Spring Camp. So I think it's ironic that the card I'm choosing to case is an ink lifting card that I made after watching Jennifer McGuire demonstrate the technique in 2016 and she was the first tutor at Spring Camp demonstrating the same technique. This is the LINK to the the card I am casing and it is posted below.
The first time around I used distress inks but I finally received my SU! order with the new in-colours so had a play with Orchid Oasis (Parakeet Party and Sweet Sorbet).
It's a really pretty technique a bit like bleaching but you remove colour with water to lighten the image. I have used Altenew's Paint A Flower: Gerbera this time around.






✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. Both great projects Karen. You really have mastered this Technique. The bold flowers are s perfect way to showcase the colour lifting. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen