26 July 2024

Just Add A Sketch

We have a fun sketch to play along with at the latest challenge at Just Add InkI dislike sketch challenges personally but push myself to do them as I've found in the past I've actually made some of my fav cards in sketch challenges. 


For this week's sketch I actually had so many ideas but thought I would do something a little bit out of the box and use a stencil to make my rectangles or in my case brushstrokes ;)

I'll also play along with Just Us Girls as they have a stencil challenge happening too.

I've used 4 pink Distress Oxide inks in the stencil starting off with the lightest.

I used warm grays on the mouse and toner greys on the paint brush.

Then all I needed was to add the wee "Picasso" of a mouse from the Love Art stamp set and a cute saying and viola done. I also added 3 other diecuts behind the mouse to give him/her some dimension.

Supply List:
Stamps: Love Art (CCC)
Inks: Spun Sugar, Saltwater Taffy, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Jet Black (LF)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Dragonfruit (C9)
Other: Brush Stroke stencil (SSS), Master Layouts 2 (GKD), Copics, white Gelli Roll no. 8 pen, blending brush (TE)
Challenges: JAI #712, JUG#737

Well I can't wait to see what everyone creates with this fabulous sketch so hope you can join in with the fun. Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely wonderful, Karen. I love the way you interpreted the sketch, the pink hues, that adorable image. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen...just lovely! Love your use of Anita Jeram's mouse...very creative. Great sentiment. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls for stencil week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen