1 July 2024

Beachcomber Class

I had a really enjoyable Saturday doing Jenn Shurkus' Beachcomber class with my friend Sarah who also loves all things Lawn Fawn. It was a really cool class as we used one tin (yes only one tin) of Distress Watercolor Pencils to do our backgrounds and all our colouring. 

We both made the error of stamping all the images first time around with Memento ink as we're so used to Copic colouring with Jenn. I was very fortunate that I hadn't actually die cut my images out or finished stamping when I realised. So I started again using a waterproof ink (Versafine Clair Nocturne). Jenn always uses Lawn Fawn's Jet Black ink which is both alcohol friendly and waterproof. I don't like how it stains your stamps, so I'm sticking to Memento ink for Copic colouring and Versafine for watercolouring and embossing.

All images have been stamped on the SMOOTH side of Ranger Distress Watercolor paper and all the backgrounds have been created on the same cardstock too.

We used tin three of the pencils and 11/12 pencils were used, only unloved one was Rustic Wilderness. This class is still available to purchase as it's a virtual class with videos and PDF booklet to download. The link above will tell you the supply list I had to be creative for card one as I didn't own Bayou Backdrop die and used a frame die plus some tropical vine border dies plus some seaweed diecuts (MFT's Under the Sea). For card two I replaced the radiating sun background with my Mermaid's Melody Cove coverplate from Alex Syberia.


It was quite hard inserting all the shells etc. behind the "seaweed" and I can see I have Distress rock candy glitter sticking to places where glue has obviously leaked whilst squeezing everything in.




Well another fab class with Jenn, her classes always make me so happy as they involve backgrounds and colouring!
✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen