31 July 2024

Bold Bouquet Revisit

AAA Colourful have a really vibrant colour board this month which is stunning and I've revisited a class from Altenew which was part of SCT's March 23 event to play along with them. 

At the time of the class the die for cutting part of the embossed image hadn't been released but when I heard they had released it, I think myself and the 3000 other attendees went hallelujah as it sold out real fast! For this class we added ink to the embossing folder and we were using coloured card stock. In class I used red onto pink card stock. This time I took a strong red ink onto a strong orange card stock and let the magic happen.


I also think adding the die-cut flower back is a real pop and makes the card shine. My first go I just ink blended my die-cut with a small blending brush and it was pretty but I felt it wasn't quite right, so reread the class instructions and the light cream ink was swiped over the raised areas of the flower and then the die-cut flower placed back in and the ink looks like its flowed out and definitely is smoother. 

I ended up mounting the panel on some natural white as I had a card base made in my stash and I liked that it wasn't a stark white. I think the rest is pretty obvious, this technique works for all sorts of embossing folders. I'm really happy how the red and orange worked together for this technique. If you'd like to see the original card that I created in class you can click HERE to see them.

I'm also going to enter into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge as this weeks challenge is beautiful flowers with Altenew, plus AAA Birthday is looking for Fabulous Flowers this month too.

Supply List:
Stamps: Easy Expressions: Birthday (The Ton Stamps) - sentiment and in my case of ready made sentiments
Ink: Berrylicious (PFS), Buttercream (ALT)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie (SU!), Neenah Natural White and Solar White
Other: Bold Bouquet EF and Flower die (ALT), Aura Opalescent sequins (SP)
Challenge: AAAC#6, SSSW challenge, AAAB#63



There's still 2 weeks to play along with the fab colourboard at AAA Colourful and it is rather cool with the reds, yellows and oranges. These colours pushed me a wee bit outside my comfort zone but I do love how vibrant my card is and the bonus is I have an "adult" birthday card to give away.

Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully elegant - the white flower really pops.

    Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this one - the colours work beautifully with the card design, it really pops! Thanks for joining us for this month's challenge over at AAA Colourful.
    Anne S
    Design team member, AAA Colourful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne I was really pleasantly surprised how well it worked

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen