1 August 2024

Birthday Critters

Hi everyone thanks for popping in, I'm delighted to be the Guest Designer for AAA Birthday and their latest challenge to make a Birthday Card with a Critter. Now that's a cool and fun theme, the problem which critter to choose??

I bought a new stamp set this year called Party Animals and have slowly been working my way though all the images - today it was time for the bear to shine and eat cake. You can see my other cards HERE, HERE and HERE. I have to admit this has been one of my favourite purchases in 2024, I just love how cute they all are and I still have a few more party animals I haven't used as yet!

I started off with colouring with 3 distress inks to make a rainbow using a splashy stencil from MFT. I also used a few stamp sets from Lawn Fawn to make some bunting and add some balloons and a sentiment and all done.


I then coloured my wee stamped images with my Copics. I colour most of my animals up with this brown combo below but the other colours were chosen from what was in a big tin on my desk I normally take a picture of my jar of Copics but there's too many so will list the colours here (darkest > lightest):
  • Bear: E37/33/53/51/50 R20 BV000/0000
  • Aqua: BG13/32/11
  • Yellow: Y38/15/11
  • Red:R35/32/30
  • Pink: RV13/21
  • Green: YG05/01
  • Violet: BV04/02/00

Supply List:
Stamps: Party Animals (P&M), Really High Five (LF), Elephant Parade Add-On (LF), Fangtastic Friends (LF)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Squeezed Lemonade (RNG), Kitsch Flamingo (RNG), Salvaged Patina (RNG) 
Paper: Really Rainbow 6"x6" DSP (LF), Xpress IT blending card stock, Neenah White
Other: Watercolor wash free form stencil (MFT), blending brushes (TE), Outside In stitched rectangle die (LF), 1mm and 2mm foam squares, Copic markers.
Challenge: AAAB#64



As always you have a whole month to create a birthday card with critters if you would like to join in with the fun. It's always great to have spare birthday cards in the stash but do definitely check out the fab creations from the DT at AAA Birthday.
✿Karen✿

8 comments:

  1. that is awesome and so cute and colorful, love it, mine is a bit blah in comparison haha. Thank you for being our Guest Designer this Month at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Maaike not at all, I love the challenge and it was fun to be able to spread out on the card base

      Delete
  2. I just took look at all the fabulous cards you've made with this set - it's great to see stash being used. This is a great card and I love that multi-coloured background - such clear colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marina I love all the wee animals in the set

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful card Karen. I love your cute critter and the background is gorgeous. Thanks for being a guest this month over at AAA Birthday. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweetest of cards. Love your colours and design choices. Thanks so much for guesting with us at AAA Birthday this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen