9 August 2024

More cute birthday critters

I'm absolutely honoured and delighted to be Seize the Birthday's Guest Designer for August and September playing along with their "optional topper". This is a fortnightly challenge and you can enter any birthday card for the challenge or play along with the optional topper. I always like as much direction as possible to get me started, so I love the topper and normally choose to use it when I find time to play.


This week the challenge is cute critters - my favourite kind of birthday card! I've been wanting to play with my Treat Cart set from Lawn Fawn which until now hadn't seen any ink. I missed the Create with Us class as I was out of town but decided I would like to make my cart a rainbow and played along with the colouring guide they provided for the class tweaking the colours a bit and adding in the bunny as well. I made a rainbow using my Tim Holtz Rays stencil (I liked it was a bit uneven) and the wee foam domes and distress oxides that were similar shades to my ice cream cart. I don't own every colour and the only colour I would choose to swap out is the Victorian Velvet to Milled Lavender if I owned it.




The grass comes from Yappy Birthday Add-on and Butterfly Kisses sets; the clouds from All the Clouds set.

The wee critters look like they are having a fab time and looks like they may even get some birthday cake as well. I've added Prisma glitter to the icies with a Quickie glue pen. Well I hope you have time to join in as who doesn't like to get a cute critter birthday card. Thanks for popping in.

✿Karen✿

22 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Karen! I love your coloring and the fun scene you created with your NBUS! And I'm delighted to be Surprise Party Guest with you at STB! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its exciting being the surprise on top, thanks for your kind thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Welcome! Love to have you here as our Special Party Guest for the next two months. I adore your card with the pastel scene and the cute critters. Looking forward to seeing many more of your special designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara its a real honour to be your GD - I love the concept of being with you for 2 months of challenges - that's a real honour and a cool idea.

      Delete
  3. Great scene kareN, love that rainbow background. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol my fellow kiwi from the 'tron

      Delete
  4. Karen, this is adorable. Love those sweet little critters and the birthday cart. Welcome as our Surprise Party Guest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda for having me along - I'm very honoured.

      Delete
  5. How cute are these tiny bunnies! Adorable card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly started off with a bang as this card could not be any cuter than it is. We are so happy to have you playing along with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind Nancy thanks so much for inviting me to be your guest designer I am very honoured

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet scene, the bunnies are adorable as is the cart and the pastel rainbow colours, thankyou for guesting with us at STB, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy it is lovely to join in with you all

      Delete
  8. What a sweet card with those cute critters. Love your coloring, especially the pastel sun rays in the different colors. So glad to have you guesting with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn for your kind comments and inviting me in to enjoy the fun

      Delete
  9. I love the multicolored sunshine as much as those critters do!! Such a sweet and adorable card! Thank you so much for this sweet inspiration for us at Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous cute critter card, Karen! I love the pastel palette that you’ve used too. Glad to have you as our party guest at STB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley-bee for having me to play along with you all

      Delete
  11. So great to have you join us Karen! This is such an adorable card - perfect for the cute critter challenge. The rainbow of pastels suits the card so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen