4 August 2024

AAA Card Challenge: Surf's Up!

When I saw the graphic for the optional twist this week at AAA Cards - the mini car, surfboard and suitcases I knew exactly what stamp set I wanted to use as it had a VW Kombi van stamp which was what I recall many, many years ago surfers used. My first car was a Mini Clubman so this evoked some old memories. 



I've coloured my wee Kombi up green and cream as that is what I recall as the most popular colour in the '70s and green is my favourite colour as well.


I've used the following Copics to recreate the colours above; G09/05/02/00 and E42/41/40. I also decided to use one of the BetterPress plates I received as part of a 6 month subscription with Spellbinders and used my Pinkfresh Studio inks to ink it up as I felt I needed a wee palm tree in the scene. I added 2 extra die cuts to give my wee van a bit of dimension as well.



Supply List:
Stamps: Beach Bound (NNN), Car Critters Road Trip Add-on (LF - sentiment), Summer Vibes BetterPress plate (SP)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Warm Buff (PFS), Mint (PFS), Versafine Clair Acorn
Paper: Porcelain cotton (SP), Xpress IT blending
Other: Copics, BetterPress Letterpress system (SP), Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Challenge: AAA#271

By the time this blog post goes live I will be in the middle of Winter in New Zealand so I hope the sun is shining where you live and "surf's up". Thanks for popping in and I hope you can join in with the challenge, anything goes as long as CAS or CAS with the optional twist. I look forward to seeing your cards in the gallery. As always you have 2 weeks to have a go.

✿Karen✿

2 comments:

  1. he's cute, red and white was my favorite combo back then, but I loved all the colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good memories of simpler days and just packing up at a whim and going exploring. Great fun challenge.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen