23 August 2024

Humbled & Grateful

It's time for some Inspiration from the Just Add Ink team for this week's challenge. 


I was a bit stumped as I didn't have any stairs or pot plant stamps to my recall in my stash, so I thought outside the box and decided the stairs which to me are the dominant feature were blue stripes and I would add a wee terracotta coloured sprig of flowers along the left hand edge. I love how my card turned out; so it was a fab inspirational photo and I can't wait to see how you interpret the photo.


All of the products I have used today are Pinkfresh Studio and I have blogged before using this set which I think is really versatile, you can see that earlier post HERE

I have used a Horizontal Stripe stencil which is for slimline cards but have blended on an A2 panel and you just get a slimmer panel and so my white space is the grey walls. I used 3 blue inks and fading them to the right, starting with the lightest at the top as the stairs would be brighter as they reach the light: Summer Shower, Seaside, Blue Jay

I stamped the image from the Humbled & Grateful set in Warm Buff aka "faux gold". This is an easy set with only 2 stencils the flowers and the leaves but using the 1/2" blending brushes from PFS you can still get some graduation easily and I added a deeper colour with the 1/4" brush. Flower stencils were Sunkissed and Mango Sorbet. Leaf stencil was Eucalyptus and Spruce Tips. The sentiment was stamped with Mimosa which is the ink between the two I have used on the flowers. 

Last but not least some Butterscotch glitter drops for a wee bit of bling. All the die cuts have been stacked with plain diecuts as so much detail it would be very tedious to add foam underneath. I hope I have inspired you to find some inspiration from the photo and join in with the fun at Just Add Ink.

I'm also going to play along with Just Us Girls as they have an Anything Goes Stencil week. I have to admit stencils are a really big part of my card making these days, so a fun challenge to join in with. 

Thanks for stopping by, have a fab weekend and hopefully a KRafty one ;)

✿Karen✿

2 comments:

  1. The combination of the stripes, the flowers and the bits of bling makes for a most lovely card. Wonderful design in every way. Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your really kind comments Carol

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen