23 August 2024

Going retro

I'm still excited to be Guest Designer for Seize the Birthday and it's time for another challenge and yes this one was a challenge for me as the optional topper is RETRO!



Now I don't really own any retro stamps as such but looking through old scrapbook papers I thought maybe I could work with something bright and in your face from the 2000s. But I totally fall in love with this retro wallpaper image online which so reminded me of wallpaper in my family home in the 60-70s. 


Isn't it just so cool - now I'm not sure if this is what STB were thinking of  but I have ended up loving my wee card which apart from the sentiment is a no-stamps card. 

Circles used were 1-1/2", 1-1/4", 1", 3/4" and 1/2"




Supply List:
Stamps: Easy Expressions Birthday (TT)
Ink: Early Espresso (SU!), Versamark
Paper: Neenah Natural White, Buttercup (C9), Pumpkin Pie (SU!), Cajun Craze (SU!), Early Espresso (SU!)
Dies: A2 Layers and Additional Layers (WF),  Sweet Stacks - Circles (HB); 
circles used were 1-1/2", 1-1/4", 1", 3/4" and 1/2"
Other: Gilded EP (BM)
Challenges: STB #290

I can't wait to see what retro ideas everyone comes up with and I hope you can join in with the fun but if the topper is stumping you, you can just enter a Birthday Card as that is always an option with Seize the Birthday card challenges.
✿Karen✿

18 comments:

  1. Great use of the circles very retro, looking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky it is kind of fun and reminiscent of "groovier" times

      Delete
  2. When you sent your card to me for this challenge, I fell in love. I love the direction you took for this Topping. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy this was my least favourite card to make but ended up being my favourite once created, so very glad you pushed me out of my comfort zone.

      Delete
  3. You really took this inspiration and nailed it! Your card is amazing and so simple. Just using the colors makes it outstanding! I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen, you nailed this challenge. LOVE your card and the inspiration photo! thanks for being such a great guest at STB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Collen. I've always loved the toppers at your challenge so great to play along too.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful take on the retro theme Karen! Love the colours and the circle design, very groovy! Thankyou for guesting with us at STB, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the Retro "Topping" Karen. Love your card and the colors for the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the Retro look, Karen. The colors and circles are perfect for this challenge. Thank you for guesting with us on STB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I remember wallpaper like that, very retro! Fab card 💛🤎

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a funky card Karen! Great choice of inspiration - love how your card turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen