18 August 2024

AAA Card Challenge 272: Sketch Challenge

It's time for another new challenge at AAA Cards and this week we have a sketch to play along with. Personally I found it a bit challenging but I've learnt with sketches is "you just do it" and they work, don't overthink it.


I tried drawing some hand drawn hearts with my Distress Watercolour pencils but didn't really like how they looked as my trio of shapes that and then thought maybe I can do the same and hand draw some wonky rectangles but again wasn't floating my boat. All of my practice runs were on scraps of Distress Watercolor paper (RNG).

At this stage I started thinking about Autumn colours and leaf outline dies but didn't have any that were right or small enough in my stash, when I spied a set of wee snowflake dies (Scribbly Snowflakes - Sizzix) and thought yes they are perfect! So then it was easy and viola ...


I've die cut the snowflakes out of Pixie Dust card stock (LF). My rectangles I 've actually painted directly through a Swatch stencil (Woodware) using some Ranger Distress Mica stains I bought last Christmas and never used. Colours used were Wonderland, Frozen Fog, Frosty Mint. The wee sentiment comes from Yeti or Not (LF). It's hard to see how sparkly this in real life but I love it and I'm sure the lucky recipient will too. I also love it that I have another Christmas card made too!


I look forward to seeing how you were inspired by the sketch as so many possibilities - it's fun just to play and see what magic you can create too when you play. Do check out the fab cards from the rest of the Design Team to inspire you.

I'm also going to enter my card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to add a sentiment and they are featuring Lawn Fawn this week. You don't have to use Lawn Fawn - any sentiment will do - but mine is a Lawn Fawn sentiment, I'll also enter in their Monday challenge which is all about sparkle and shine.

Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

4 comments:

  1. I immediately had a look at that swatch stencil when I saw this, Karen - I absolutely love how you've watercoloured the backdrop. It looks like you've done it free hand...so arty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen