4 July 2024

More Distress Watercolor Pencils with Jenn

My Virtual Art Retreat Journey with Jenn Shurkus slowly gets blogged, about the same rate as me creating the cards. Again we have used Distress watercolor pencils to make our background plus the exclusive stencil Jenn designed and collaborated with Stuff by Belle to make for the event registrants. Ranger as well as being very kind and providing us with a jar of Slippery When Wet Lunar Paste also provided us with an exclusive Stampers Anonymous stamp set Jenn curated and resized from various SA/Tim Holtz sets.

This is the set we received this year, plus I have blogged TWO other cards using this set HERE and HERE.


For the first card we have used the pencils Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner for our Ombre effect background behind the stenciling/waves. We have used our fingers to dab small amounts of Distress paints directly to the stamps (Salvaged Patina, Uncharted Mariner, Saltwater Taffy and Walnut Stain) to make our own ephemera. We have used Distress Watercolor paper for all creating which Jenn provides in our kits.


We have used Distress Rock Candy glitter plus some white splatters to finish off. I actually cleaned of my stenciling with a slightly damp baby wipe, Jenn preferred to leave as is but I thought it was a shame to hide it.


The last card using this set is not at all nautical and uses the pendant stamp in the set and we have coloured directly to the stamp in a "rainbow" and then we created a stand alone Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide image which we have fussy cut out. I really like the grey on top of the watery rainbow pendants. 


Unbelievably no glitter just a few glitter drop gems from Pinkfresh Studio to finish off! The base card has had Distress inks in corresponding colours lightly blended around the edge too.


Well I have officially finished 3/4 of my kit box (approx. 9 hours down - 3 more to go) and I haven't used a Copic marker as yet and yes I still have more backgrounds that I have created with the Distress Watercolor pencils but finally my tins were able to be put away at this stage.

I have shared 5 of the 13 cards total in this kit so there's still 8 more to go and as you may know by now I love cute and there is lots of cute to come. Can't wait to share with you all another day ......

Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen