31 July 2009

Shelli's card from Convention


This was one of my favourite cards demoed at convention by none other that SU! co-founder & CEO Shelli Gardner.

I must admit I went to my first poppin' pastels class at my upline's a few months ago & just loved the technique - it certainly wowed me.

So thought I'd like to repeat the experience for my class attendees & thought immediately of this card - like Shelli I've dyed the white ribbon from Dress Up originals with coffee - very scrummy.

Stamp set: Friends 24-7, Friendly Words Wheel
Ink: Versamark, Basic Brown, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Pink Pirouette (textured), Kraft, Natural Ivories
Other: Pretties flower, rhinestone brad, Dress Up ribbon hand-dyed, blender pen, aquapainter, Stampin' Pastels, sponge daubers

Cutting dimensions
Pink Pirouette: I used 12x12" CS for the base & chopped of an inch to give 11x12"piece & then cut at 4" to give me 3 pieces of card per piece; final card 4 x 5.5"
Kraft: 3-½ x 5"
Natural Ivories: 3-½ x 4-¾"

5 comments:

Sam said...

You have done a fabulous job with this card Karen! Lovely!!

:-).

Maria Matter said...

This is beautiful Karen!
Blessings, Maria

Louise Forsyth said...

This is really lovely Karen. Love the pretty colours!

Debby said...

Wow this is really pretty. Not sure what I know what poppin pastels are. I'll have to look it up. Sorry I haven't visited regularly. I'm desperately struggling to keep up these days. Have a terrific day!

Debby

Judy said...

Yes, think this one was my favourite from the Popping Pastels class. It's gorgeous, isn't it.