21 November 2010

What a delightful gift card holder!

Many thanks to Rachael Knight from our team who swapped this great idea with me. She used the punched out shape to be the closure/fastening mechanism & it works! I see Lisa Bullock from our team took the concept & made the wheels on a truck do the same!

I recreated Rachael's idea with Jolly Holiday DSP & the Christmas Cocoa DSP the sayings are from Snow Swirled. My only change was to take a small bite with a small oval out of the word window punched "slot".


Stamp sets: Delightful Decorations, Snow Swirled
Ink: Cherry Cobbler or Real Red, Old Olive or Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb cake (AKA Craft), Very Vanilla or Whisper White , Jolly Holiday or Christmas Cocoa DSP
Punches: Ornament, word window, small oval, scallop trim border
Other: Old Olive or Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon, dimensional, basic pearl or rhinestone, sticky strip, mini glue dot

Thanks Rachael what a great concept & it's quick & easy which are my favourite catch phrases for all things Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Really nice xmas cards Karen :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great but not quite sure even with your photos how it works? Will have to look at it IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen
    I love the idea, though can't for the life of me work out how the closure mechanism works. Can you explain?
    Ta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me Monique I couldn't see how it worked but just punch out the ornament shape & then push through the hole the stamped ornament with 3 dimensionals in a row - it truly does work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Gift Card Holders, so quick & easy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen