4 November 2010

Which do you prefer?

My original take on this card was the "more traditional" Old Olive card with a Cherry Cobbler mat to pop it - see HERE - but last weekend I took part with my team in a swap of cards & ideas for Christmas - to be precise 21 of them & wow some stunning ideas - 3 of them are featuring in a class coming to you in November see my LHS side bar for further details.

I'd been making so many cards lately in Old Olive that I had just about run out of the colour when I went to make another 21 so I thought I'd reverse the colours around & I love how it's brightened up my original design - I like the new version best i.e. this one & so did my fab team as they voted for it to be most demonstrable card tied with Kate Tobeck's one - which chuffed me immensely as I love Kate's work!

How to create a perfect mat
Well we're stuck with metric paper A4 & A5 - so as much as I'm an inches girl in real life I find cm better to work with when preparing my "mats"

These are my favourite 3 sizes pinned up all over my craft room
10 cm x 14.3 cm
9.5 cm x 13.8 cm
9 cm x 13.3 cm
- otherwise 1/8" or 1/4" smaller increments. This card below has used an A5 Cherry Cobbler - cut in half lengthwise to create a mountain-fold, Old Olive @9.5 x 13.8 cm & Whisper White @9 x 13.3 cm. The beautiful flourish & star is found in the Baroque Motifs stamp set (set of 6 $47.95), one of the ornaments from Delightful Decorations and the message is from Many Merry Messages. This looks so much better in real life.

Last but not least finally I have my Retired Stamps For Sale list up - click on the link above for all my retired stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen