8 June 2022

Wishing you brighter days

It's sketch time at Just Add Ink this week, which if I have to be honest makes the card design easier. I was tossing and turning between using DSP or 2 different embossing folders for the panels. I'm also playing along with Tic, Tac, Toe challenges too using "embellishment, animal and free".

I knew I wanted to use a cute mouse and an umbrella stamp I owned and after one false start with another set of DSP and a change of mind I settled on the SAB DSP I earnt at the start of the year from Stampin' Up! called Sunshine & Rainbows. 

I chose the green rainbows as they were pretty but not overpowering the cute image. The colours of Copic I chose to colour the mice in were the Copic equivalents of SU! colours in the DSP which are Granny Apple Green, So Saffron, Moonlight Madness, Soft Sea Foam and Bermuda Bay. I have used Wink of Stella on the umbrella and Stardust stickles on the outfit's "fur". I have fussy cut everything out.



Supply List:
Stamps: Under the Weather (Gerda Steiner Designs - mouse with umbrella), Look for Rainbows (Avery Elle - puddle and saying)
Ink: Memento black, Versamark
Paper: X-press IT blending card stock, Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Misty Moonlight, Sunshine and Rainbows DSP
Other: Iridescent rhinestones (SU!), white embossing powder (Alabaster - Brutus Monroe), Wink of Stella (clear), Stardust Stickles, dimensionals

Copics used:
Puddle: BG0000, BG000, BG01
Umbrella: YG03, YG25 ~ Y21, Y23 ~ BG11, BG13, BG15 ~ G20,G21 ~ E97, E99
Mouse: N0, N1, N3, N5, R30
Scarf: G20, G21
Jacket: B91, B95, B97
 





It's a lovely day in Hamilton today after heavy rain for days so my card worked and sent me some brighter days! 
 
✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. This is way too cute! All your elements fit together perfectly and your mouse is adorable! Thanks for joining our challenge this week! Joanne JAI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen