19 June 2022

More Joseph's Coat with a stencil

The Joseph's coat technique using a stencil was one of my favourite cards I recreated from Online Card Classes Stamp Camp, last time I used a rainbow of colours and then stenciled over with Black Soot ink (this is my original blog post HERE). 

When I saw the colour combo at Just Add Ink this week I wondered if I could try doing the technique using the "basic gray" to stencil over the blended colours.


Now I don't own Basic Gray ink but own a dark gray ink from Hero Arts. I decided to use a different stencil and also to use a masking stencil to give me a rectangle of colour with a frayed edge as I needed Very Vanilla on the card and with this technique you can't leave any Very Vanilla un-stenciled.








Supply List:
Stamps: Just Saying (retired SU! and matching die)
Ink: Crushed Curry (SU!), Pumpkin Pie (SU!), Soft Granite (HA), Versamark
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU!), Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Stencils: Frayed Edge Masking (TE), Flower Medley small (RNG - Dylusions)
Other: Clear EP, blending brushes, dimensionals

And the final card, which I really like as it's bright and "funky".



Again another fab colour combo to use in the future. Hope you can play along or if you don't have time check out all the inspiration on the Just Add Ink site.

Thanks for popping in.

✿ Karen ✿



1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a wonderful technique. The effect is so striking. Really love your stencil too. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen