26 June 2022

Spotlight on Gerberas

I've been playing with my new Gerbera stamp from Altenew and if you ask me what are my favourite flowers I would honestly say orange and yellow gerberas. I just love how cheery they are so when I saw Altenew had added a gerbera stamp to their "Paint A Flower" series I was in!

As the series is called Paint a Flower I thought I would try some simple watercolouring with my Zig real color markers which I haven't played with for such a long time. Don't ask me why as they are so fun and so easy to use but I guess I grab my Copics more these days.  

AAA Birthday Cards and Just Add Ink card challenge sites are challenging us to use flowers  this week.



Supply List:
Stamps: Paint a Flower: Gerbera Revolution (Altenew) and Easy Expressions: Birthday (The Ton) and matching die set.
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne, Early Espresso (SU!), Versamark
Paper: Neenah Solar White 110lb, Ranger Watercolor (as it is WHITE)
Other: Champagne Rhinestones (SU!), stampin' dimensionals, Zig real color markers, aquapainter, copper embossing powder, MISTI, Waffle Flowers A2 rectangle dies, Crafty Corners



There is plenty of time to enter both challenges so if you have time have a play with your favourite flower stamp set. I have to admit I used my MISTI,  A2 rectangle dies, Crafty Corners to make lining up everything for the spotlight technique a doddle.

In case you wonder what a Crafty Corner is its a Perspex corner of varying sizes so you can line up your layers and I LOVE THEM! In New Zealand Krafters Cart is selling them and I overlooked them for awhile but I think they are a great investment.



Thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. The sunflowers are a great way to use the spotlight technique, Karen. Love the pop of colour. Thanks for playing along with our flower challenge at JAI.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to use the stamps, such and effective technique. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spotlight technique, and it's another technique I've not done in a while. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen