3 July 2022

Lots of Balloons

I love balloons on cards so was very excited to see Just Add Ink's challenge this week which is an inspirational picture; which to me screamed balloons.



I am regretting not grabbing that really cute cat stamp I have floating with a balloon and instead went let's use my balloon stencil I have NEVER used before from MFT Stamps. The stencil is actually 6 different shaped balloons and is easy to use but you have to do a serious amount of masking to use it. First time I didn't use enough post it notes, second time no problemo but it all went to custard when I decided I would add the balloon highlight with a Nuvo glitter pen - we had too much reaction happening with ink underneath and then there was some blue ink on the underneath of the stencil too. At this stage I thought lets add some shimmer spray which I love immensely and go for some ink lifting - I think I got carried away.

Well this is certainly not my best work but it's fun, pretty and shimmery and I know a girlfriend who seriously loves balloons and always hand draws all the over the inside of cards and the envelope with big balloon bunches so I know she will love it.



Supply List:
Stamps: Stylized Birthday (retired SU!)
Distress Oxides: Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Shaded Lilac, Abandoned Coral
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: Strathmore Bristol smooth, Terracotta Tile (SU!)
Other: Clear embossing powder, fine black marker and ruler, blending brushes, Big Balloon stencil (MFT), post it notes, Sparkle Shimmer spritz (imagine crafts), Glitter Gloss Nuvo shimmer pen 
Challenges: Just Add Ink #601

Well I am away on a family get out of town for the week and my weekend has vanished in a flash so I hope everyone has a fun week.

Karen

3 comments:

  1. Great card Karen and fabulous save! (Turned to custard...lol) Love the softer tones and shimmer...Lovely! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Karen, Love your Balloon stencil. I love how your Balloons look semi-see though. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Karen. Fabulous, bright colours and am loving that some of the balloons look see through as like they do in real life. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen