25 July 2022

Another dreamy colour combo

I think it's because it's so gloomy, grey and wet in New Zealand at the moment that I am loving all the soft "dreamy" colour combos on some of the challenge sites at the mo.

Even if you don't have time to join in, check out all the fab cards from the design team and those that rose to the challenge for CAS Colours & Sketches.


I really wanted to have a go with my new background Stained Glass hot foil plate and it's matching stencil that I have just acquired and I thought these 3 colours would look great on a "stained window" and they did.






 I added a reverse foiled sentiment from the fancy script hot foil plates and also watercoloured up the Cherry Blossom using re-inkers.
 
I added the wee excess strip inside the card to finish it off:


Supply List:
Stamps: Forever Blossoms (SU!)
Ink: Blushing Bride (SU!), So Saffron (SU!), Soft Sea Foam (SU!), Versamark
Paper: Neenah Solar white crest #110, So Saffron (SU!), Soft Sea Foam (SU!), Watercolour (RNG)
Hot foil plates/dies: Fancy Script (PF), Stained Glass (PF), solid hot foil die (PF)
Dies: Master Layouts 2 (GK), Cherry Blossoms (SU!)
Other: Stained Glass stencils (PF), blending brushes, round no. 2 water brush, clear embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella, foam squares, matte gold gimmer foil




EEK just realised I probably didn't make it CAS - focused too much on the great colour combo and I probably only needed the hello but I love my card so happy the challenge got me KReating it!

✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Well, I have to agree with you that this isn't the most CAS card ever. But the important thing is that the colors inspired you to create a lovely card! The stained glass background is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at CC&S. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patricia I try not to look at the DT or other entries before I make my card but must try harder to realise what the challenge is but I would have missed out on making the card "as it is" if I had read the challenge properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card! I love the background you created! Stunning! Thanks for playing with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! Take care and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen