31 July 2022

Is there something in the water??

3 of my favourite challenge sites have challenged us to go nautical or under the sea and AAA have asked for along the edge. 

It makes it semi-easy when you have a brief to fill i.e. the along the edge so I thought I'd mask off the majority of the card front and using my green and blue shimmer powders and create a watery look. As this is CAS I was trying to make a one layer card but I discovered watercolouring on Neenah White is horrendous but I'm sure I can use the scraps to die cut out for some future project. The masking tape didn't even really stick to it properly and so I didn't even get a straight edge. 

I then thought I would try some of the new card stocks I picked up at SENZ and my second attempt is below and I used some Multifarious Lavinia smooth and supreme card which was fab! Looking at the Lavinia web site it says "tried and tested with several mediums. One card that does it all, from Watercolour Inks to stamping. It works with Oxide inks and Brushos beautifully. The perfect card for all your crafting needs." I'll definitely be using it again as it is white where my Strathmore that I love normally is a cream colour

Once it was dried I added a few school of fish and some seaweed and in my box of left over images I also had a left over mermaid and wee fish after I had helped my 2-½ year old granddaughter make a birthday card for her mum who is our family's mermaid being a NZ champ and rep at springboard diving when a teenager. 

At the time we used Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock and my old Ranger Distress markers which are well and truly past it but reactivated with the aqua painter at the time and made some fun images.

Because my mermaid was a wee bit bigger than my watercoloured panel and I didn't want to cut off some of her hair I cut off ¼" of the RHS of the card front. I actually like having the wee white strip on the LHS. 
 




Supply List:
Stamps: Mermazing and matching dies (MFT), Whale Done - sentiment (SU!), Mermaids - starfish (HA My Monthly Hero May 2017)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Aquamarine (PF), Tidal Pool (PF), Bermuda Bay (SU!), Versamark
Paper: Lavinia Multifarious, Neenah #110 , Bristol Strathmore smooth, Bermuda Bay (SU!)
Other: Ranger distress markers, white embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella, Nuvo shimmer powders (Blue Burst and Atlantis Burst), Ken Oliver Crafts color burst (Turquoise), Tinby Color Crush (Blue Heaven), masking tape




Well if it doesn't stop raining in New Zealand we may all be living under the sea sooner than we expected. Hope the sun is shining where you live!
✿ Karen ✿


3 comments:

  1. How cute is your card Karen? Love your water scene behind you mermaid, lovely design and colouring. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable Karen. I love your little Mermaid! Hope you enjoyed SENZ. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen