1 August 2022

Jumbo-licious cards


I feel like I should be asking "would you like fries with that" as this is a BIG JUMBO card. I don't normally make 5x7" cards but can see that these would be great for work cards when you have a lot of people to sign one card. I've been slowly getting bits to Altenew's Magnolia Butterfly set (it might have been originally a Craft Your Life project set but I managed to get the embossing folder and the stencils ages ago and finally managed to get the stamp set and dies the other day so it needed inking up and it seemed like the Color Throwdown challenge of  powder blue, cream and kraft were the perfect match for it.



I gold embossed the flower using my MISTI so I could stamp it twice with Versamark I think there maybe one small piece that still needed a bit more stamping to get but with use this problem should go away. 

I then blended with my inks through the corresponding stencil heaviest in the middle. Die cut out the image and added it to 3 other die cuts to add a bit of dimension but when I went to lay it up I felt like it was too bland as is. I then I spied a recent embossing folder I got called Tufted (Spellbinders) which is also HUGE. It says it is perfect for slimline cards and 5" x 7" cards and it was just perfect. A few gold embellishments from Trinity Stamps finished it all off.



Supply List:
Stamps: Magnolia Butterfly (and matching dies & stencils- Altenew), Easy Expressions Sympathy (The Ton)
Inks: Versamark, Sky Blue (PF), Doe (PF)
Paper: Strathmore Bristol Smooth, Very Vanilla (SU!)
Other: Tufted 3D EF (SP), Rose Gold EP (ALT), Gold Eclipse embellishment mix (Trinity Stamps), blending brushes (TE)
Challenges: Color Throwdown #703

Well they were dreamy and soft colours to work with and I  loved how delicate the image looked with these soft  colours.

EDITED: My card was chosen as a favourite at CTD which is always a lovely surprise.

Thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love that textured background! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are so delicate and beautiful in the soft blue! Love the gold embossing too! I’m so glad you joined us for this week’s Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen