16 August 2022

Revisiting the past

The latest challenge for August at CAS Christmas challenge site is "Pines". I was yearning for my long gone Lovely As A Tree stamp set from SU! that would be perfect for this challenge.



One of my favourite Christmas cards I made with Lovely as a Tree in 2012 involved a brayer, and salt which you can see HERE

So I thought to myself how can I make that card in 2022.

I decided instead of brayering I would ink blend using blending brushes with my distress oxides. I tried the salt trick and didn't like it so went for splattering with Perfect Pearls instead for the snow in the sky.

So I used a square of Lavinia Multifarious Smooth and Supreme cardstock to ink blend on. I made a mask with a large post-it note to be my bank of snow. I then ink blended with Tumbled Glass DO, then stamped the "pine tree" from Whimsical Trees with Uncharted Mariner DO. 

I then moved my mask down and changed the angles and lightly blended the edge using a smaller blending brush and Tumbled Glass. When I was happy with my scene I ink blended some of the Uncharted Mariner around the top edges. I then mixed up my Perfect Pearls with a few drops of water and using a small paint brush lightly splattered the panel. 

Then for the real blast from the past and WATCH OUT PETE Dazzling Diamonds glitter has returned for the snow banks. He used to hate going to work and finding his clothes had DD sparkling on them.

I then cut out a bigger square of Pretty Peacock using my layering square framelits. I matted up and put on a Pool Party base. 

My sentiment comes from Poinsettia Petals and I have stamped in Pretty Peacock ink, clear embossed it and then heat set it.




Supply List (all Stamping Up! unless stated otherwise):
Stamps: Whimsical Trees, Poinsettia Petals
Ink: Tumbled Glass DO (RNG), Uncharted Mariner DO (RNG), Pretty Peacock
Paper: Pretty Peacock, Pool Party, (Lavinia) Multifarious Smooth and Supreme White
Other: Layering square framelits, Perfect Pearls (RNG), Zig 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, clear EP, post-it notes, blending brushes (TE)

Well that was fun revisiting the past, the last card was made 10 years ago and has stood the test of time and deserved to be "remade in 2022".

✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. Karen, this is a wonderful Christmas scene, your coloring and ink blending is perfect for all those snowbanks! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Colleen for your kind words I really enjoyed this challenge

      Delete
  2. such a beautiful peaceful winter scene, love the ink blending and your monochromatic colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christine it was great to revisit the past and get on top of this years Christmas cards

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful scene you created here Karen! love the blues and all the glittery snow! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen