19 August 2022

Non-traditional Christmas

Gosh this was another tough challenge for me, I really struggled with ideas for pink, purple and gold for Christmas and the DT had some great inspiration but nothing resonated with what I could use in my stash.

I think I have been guilty of buying "the stamp set" for my Christmas cards for a year and then selling it off and buying a new set the next year. It's been great to offer something fresh and new each year. This year as I am entering challenges I am working with what I have loved and can't bear to part with but it isn't a lot if I have to be honest. So that should make it easier to choose what to try, as I don't have a lot to work with ;)


The card I ended up making for the recent 52 Christmas Card Throwdown I had in my mind for over a week but I wasn't really sure if it would work. Well I thought to myself yesterday let's just make it, the challenge finishes tomorrow and today I babysit, so I finished it late last night and I actually love it! Unfortunately it's another grey and wet day here so not that great for card making but good enough.


Supply List:
Stamps: Poinsettia Petals (SU!) and matching dies
Ink: Petal Pink (SU!), Versamark
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU!), Blackberry Bliss (SU!), Petal Pink (SU!), gold glitter, Honey Gold mirror card (Tonic)
Other: Sponge dauber, Hexagon Tiles coverplate (PF), gold EP (SU!), stampin' dimensionals
Challenges: 52CCT 22-30

Well I think it's a really classy card so rapt I did have a go!

✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Love your design! It’s so festive and sparkly, you created a beautiful Christmas card.
    Thank you so much for joining the 52CCT blog.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so very much Majda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen