4 August 2022

Simple Butterfly Card

The Less is More challenge site is challenging us to use "butterflies" I personally have too many butterfly stamps if there is such a thing and my first card which was stamped I actually threw in the bin. So here's a non-stamped butterfly. though there is a bit of scripty stuff going on if peek through the vellum layer.

I looked in my SCRAPS of watercoloured card stock and liked this reddish-purple one. I stamped on top with a Script background stamp (IndigoBlu) with Crumb Cake ink and then die cut out with a very old SU! die called butterflies thinlits and then die cut out of vellum card the overlay with it's matching die from Bold Butterfly framelits. I'm not sure what SU! were doing back then as both die seem to be one part of the butterfly and one part for another sized butterfly.


Supply List:
Stamps: Butterfly Gala (SU! - sentiment)
Ink: Versafine black, Crumb Cake (SU!)
Dies: Bold Butterfly and Butterflies (both SU! and both well and truly retired), Peek a boo square window (MFT), A2 nested rectangles (Waffle Flowers)
Paper: Neenah White, watercolour, Vellum Card
Other: Clear EP, Champagne rhinestone jewels (SU!), mini stampin' dimensionals
Challenges: LIM #470



Now my second go at the challenge was much easier then the first go, which according to the guidelines on the site is a good thing so I'm glad I didn't like the first card. The colours weren't grabbing me and then I double stamped the middle bit of the butterfly so time to start again.

FYI: Less is More is a Clean and Simple challenge, but what does clean and simple (CAS) mean and what are we looking for in your cards.

  • One main focal point
  • Lots of clean / open / non-patterned / non-textured space (often called 'white space' although not necessarily white) 
  • Space with NO PATTERN and NO TEXTURE on it
  • Minimal or NO layers
  • Minimal embellishments
  • Quick and easy to recreate

Thanks for fluttering by and the challenge doesn't finish till August 12th 7pm in New Zealand  so plenty of time to join in too.
✿ Karen ✿

5 comments:

  1. So clean, so simple, so fabulous. I love your butterfly, it's a perfect size for your card. In fact it's perfectly CAS. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Karen. I love the vellum die cut overlay on your pretty butterfly. It really adds to the elegance. Thanks so much for sharing at LIM Challenge. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen