11 August 2022

For Lindsay

The crew at Color Hues have made this week's challenge all about LINDSAY who was part of their design team and their challenge is to honour her with her favourite hues and to be inspired by what inspired "her". Now that surely is a challenge worth entering to honour and remember her.



Now this week's hues are purple and blue so I immediately thought of my most inked stamp Mondo Hydrangea (Essentials by Ellen) which I think is perfect for this challenge. My favourite technique with this stamp is watercolouring so I thought I would use my "new to me" Nuvo Shimmer Powders I picked up at SENZ and my favourite white cardstock post-SENZ for colouring whether it's blending or watercolouring on, that honour goes to Lavinia Multifarious Smooth and Supreme white cardstock; which I love and is now an essential in my craft room.


Trying to show the shimmer of the watercolour wash and the glimmer in the black glitter with this close up but not sure if I succeeded.


I sprinkled the powders on my stencil mat from Waffle Flower and added a few drops of water to make a wash and then painted in each individual flower with my no. 2 round brush. I couldn't cope with the leaves just being "blue" so added a bit of green.

Supply List:
Stamps: Mondo Hydrangea (EE), You (Photoplay)
Inks: Veramark
Paper: Lavinia Multifarious, SSS #120lb (trying to use up) but a great card weight for the base of the card, Vellum Paper (SU!), black glitter (CTMH), scrap of black cardstock (?SU!)
Dies: Mondo Hydrangea (EE), You (Photoplay), Blanket Stitched rectangle (PF), Hexagon Tile coverplate (PF), sentiment strips (Photoplay), A2 Layering (Waffle Flowers)
Nuvo Shimmer Powders: Violet Brocade, Lilac Waterfall, Blue Blitz, Falling leaves
Other: Alabaster White EP (Brutus Monroe), no. 2 rounded brush, foam strips
Challenge: Color Hues #46

Now I personally didn't know Lindsay but she sounded an amazing positive person and crafter and my sympathy goes out to her family and friends. There are some amazing cards honouring her so do check out the challenge site and if you have time join in with the challenge.


✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Karen, You nailed it when you said Linds was a positive person! She was truly that and more! Your card is just gorgeous and such a perfect tribute too. A Hydrengea was a perfect floral to use for this color combo. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues for our special tribute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some challenges just have to be done, it was a fun challenge but I truly appreciate all the work DT's do to inspire us

      Delete
  2. Karen what a beautiful card in Lindsey's colours, she would just love it, she loved hydrangeas!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey, hydrangeas are one of my favs too

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen