17 August 2022

Never in a Nativity Scene

Is the recent challenge from Christmas Kickstart.


I must be still in a gnomey state of mind after my weekend play but I thought you would never find a Christmas gnome in a nativity scene.

I picked this set up at the end of last year Gnome for Christmas from Close to my Heart as they were phenomenal value for stamps and matching dies. Unfortunately it doesn't look this set is available to purchase anymore. 

Again I have Copic coloured in my images.



Colours used:
Green cap: YG11/25/17
Blue present: B14/16/18
Yellow ribbon/stars: Y32/35/38
Face: E00/93, V12 and R20 for cheeks
Red mushroom: R32/35/46 and E93 for stalk as it was on my table ;)
Red pants: R24/46/39
Boots: N5/7/9

I've used clear Wink of Stella on ribbon and the uncoloured spots on mushroom

That was the easy bit then I really struggled to work out how to mark a card with the lovely images. 

I could have done the round circle mat etc but it is actually a very large gnome so I ended up using some long retired DSP from SU! which I believe is Gumball Green and matting on a Wild Wasabi card base, again long retired but it worked better with the DSP than Granny Apple Green, which matched the cap quite closely. 

The DSP mat is die-cut with Altenew's fab mix and match frames (great set with 3 differing dies). The sentiment comes from an old SSS set called Merry and Bright which is also not available anymore but it's a great size for a small saying. I have white embossed it on the Wild Wasabi card. Last but not least the gorgeous gold trim came from SU! Forever Greenery trim pack.

Well in the end I'm really happy how my card turned out and I have realised I didn't actually own any "plain" Christmas DSP for backgrounds but hopefully that is all rectified now as I just ordered some. So I'm glad I realised this now and not closer to Christmas; so hopefully I should have some DSP to play with next month.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen