20 July 2022

Blast from the past

It's been a very long time since I stamped for real with a wood block stamp, I still have some cute Penny Black ones that I stamp with my grand daughter Indie but she likes the MISTI, so we normally use that.

But AAA birthday challenge has a "where in the world am I challenge" and CAS on Friday has challenged us to do a silhouette.




So back to my very old stamp I picked it up at SENZ a long time ago (pre MISTI) and it's created by Clinton Hawes @Rubbadubbadoo in 2005 and labelled A154T. To me its NZ's native grass the toi toi and I have always wanted to use it on a Silhouette card but never got around to doing it until today!

I used Scattered Straw, Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord distress oxides to make my sunset blend and I have emboss resisted the stamp with Versafine black ink and clear embossing powder. The rest is pretty obvious but any questions don't hesitate to ask below. 

This was such an easy card to put together I wonder why it's taken me so long to ink it up and make my Silhouette card but very glad I finally have done so.



EDITED: My card was chosen in the "top 3" this week.


✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, that's a beautiful grass stamp and it looks so lovely on your sunset background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And I too still have a few wooden block stamps lurking! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO beautiful! I love the colours, and you can never go wrong with a silhouette card! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday! Hope to see you in future challenges too! Take care and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Perfectly CAS. I love the background you created, the colors! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at CAS on Friday! Take care and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen