27 July 2022

Show us your ...

Christmas Kickstart Challenge want us to show them your snowfolk which ties in well with "show us your money".



Now I think snowman and snow are cute on a card but it's the middle of the summer down under at Christmas time and I live in a part of New Zealand that NEVER snows. So I must admit I do not buy snowmen stamps but one of my oldest stamps that I could not bear to part with is Holiday Lineup from Stampin' Up! which also has a row of cute reindeer and a row of cute elves. Searching my blog I could only find one blog post way back in 2009  which you can see HERE and I still love that money holder card. 

So I thought to myself lets make another money holder card using a new design I learnt a few weeks ago at a class of Kristine McKnickle's

Now Kristine's card is very classy and uses the new Texture Chic suite but what I loved especially was what a great idea the money holder card was.  She basically took one piece of A4 card stock and scored at 9 cm, 18 cm and 27 cm. The wee left over bit is decorated with DSP etc and just the edges of the last fold are attached at the side with strong tape to make the pocket for the money (or gift card). She called it a tri-fold pocket card but to me it's a money holder card because who doesn't like money, I know some great nieces who will appreciate my snowmen card at Christmas

Front of card plus my nearly grown out yucky thumb nail but I am scared as I have a beetroot in my meal kit to use for dinner tonight. Will my thumb and nail survive me peeling it again? I've also used another really old wood mounted stamp set as a tag Spotlight on Christmas


The images have been coloured up with my lightest ZIG real color brush markers and some clear Wink of Stella. I had what looked like a mauve Versacolor ink pad so I thought I'd wipe the edges and then pour on some WOW clear hologram sparkle but it was darker than I wanted and when I read the colour it's actually called smoke blue (oops) but I still think it broke it all up a bit as it was all too light/wishy washy for my tastes.

Inside the tri-fold pocket card:




SU! Supply List (most items are retired):
Stamps: Holiday Lineup, Spotlight on Christmas, Greetings of the Season, Signs of Santa (and matching die)
Ink: Fresh Freesia, Gray Granite
Paper: Purple Posy, Shimmery White, silver glitter, Whimsy and Wonder DSP (silver foiled strip on last fold)
Other: Metallic Mesh ribbon, oval and scallop oval punch, silver twine, Softly Falling Textured Impressions EF
Challenge: Christmas Kickstart #64

Supply List (non-SU!):
Stazon Stone Gray ink, Silver Encore ink, Smoke Blue Versacolor ink, Clear Hologram Sparkle (WOW), ZIG real color brush markers, snowflake EF (came from CTMH ??name)

I have to say doing the wee tag with my old oval and scallop oval punches actually reminded me of a simpler time in stamping before dies etc and how we thought we were so fancy - GOOD TIMES!

Well there are another 2 images in the stamp set so better get onto making some more money holders as there are 2 small wee great nieces/nephews I still buy for at Christmas. I plan to do them in different colours etc but same design as I think it is so fab and so easy.
✿ Karen ✿


2 comments:

  1. Great image and a lovely card. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen