25 July 2022

I'm trying Colour Blocking again

Colour blocking was one of the cool techniques I learnt recently at Online Card Classes Spring Camp 2022.

I thought it was a really effective use of colour and would be a perfect technique for Just Add Ink's colour challenge this week. They're really dreamy colours and a great colour combo to tuck away for future use. 

I've seen some  YouTubers making colour swatches of colour combos they like which is a great idea and I'm going to start my own swatch tag using this colour combo!




Now the tricky thing with this technique is being able to read your ruler right I thought to start off with 1/16" was 1/8" but my partner Pete helped me get it sorted out!!

When I did my class we were given a template to follow which was for the front of the card but I like drawing on the back of my cardstock so I don't have to rub out the pencil marks so have drawn it up for what you draw on the reverse of your card front.





Supply List:
Stamps: Perfect Sentiments (PF)
Ink: Starry Sky (SU!)
Paper: Mint Macaron (SU!), Fresh Freesia (SU!), Starry Sky (SU!), Neenah White (#110), Vellum Paper (SU!)
Dies: Perfect Sentiments (PF), Hexagon Tile coverplate (PF), Forever Flourishing (SU!)
Other: 2021-2023 In-Color Jewels (SU!), mini stampin' dimensionals

If you interested this is the link to the card I KReated whilst doing my classes. Thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. I love your colour blocked design Karen. Thanks for the hints on how you put it together. It is so effective. I am glad you loved our colour combo and are saving it to a swatch. Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen