18 July 2022

Flying by with a purrfect kitty

I don't buy that many card kits from Simon Says Stamp anymore, due in part to the hefty mailing charges  and for awhile there was no mail service as there were no planes. But the main reason is that so many of the stamp sets I wanted from America Krafters Cart in New Zealand now stock so I don't have to order from SSS anymore. SSS are like Krafters Cart and are an online shopping store but they also have their own stamps. dies, inks etc.

 BUT there was no way I wasn't buying the June Monthly card kit from SSS; cuteness overload. Of course it takes about 2 weeks to get here but I had the same problem recently and an overnight courier parcel from Auckland took nearly 2 weeks to get just down the road to Hamilton. We are still living in our new strange normality and it is what it is.

I was really happy to ink up this set for the latest challenge at Just Add Ink which is a Chose Two from fur, stitching and clouds. I actually used all 3 elements on my card but my hand drawn stitching is so bad we might pretend it's not there!

When you buy a monthly card kit from SSS you get enough materials to make 6 cards plus they have a monthly kit card gallery with so much inspiration from talented designers and I must admit I used inspiration from 3 cards to make my one. Kristina Werner had a fab card with an amazing distress oxide background and I have to say it rocks, I then took the idea of die cutting out a circle and using a cat as cats rule! and Copic coloured it up like Jenn Shurkus had as she did a calico cat which I have never done before and it is so stinking cute, she very kindly provided her Copic markers used which helped heaps.

You can see Kristina's cards HERE and HERE. Jenn's card and Copic markers she used you can see HERE.

Thank you ladies for your inspirational cards I've taken the best bits IMO of your 3 fab cards to make my own fab card. I used Wilted Violet in my distress oxide mix as opposed to Seedless Preserves in Kristina's blend. I've also splattered with a fan brush some white pigment ink from my ink pad.



Supply List:
Stamps: Happiest Wishes (SSS) and matching dies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Unicorn White (HA)
Distress Oxides: Dried Marigold, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Villainous Potion, Black Soot
Paper: Xpress IT blending card stock, Neenah Solar White
Other: Stamping dimesionals, blending brushes
Challenges: Just Add Ink #612


PS sorry about my ugly thumb nail; this is what happens when your vegetable peeler slips when peeling a very round beetroot. I was very shocked how deep the curved cut was and how it sliced through my finger nail so easily. This is approx. 3-4 weeks after it all happened.
✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and that calico cat is just too cute! Even your hand 'stitching' rocks. So glad you joined our challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry I was very embarrassed with my stitching at how bad it is so that is very kind!

      Delete
  2. Super cute card, beautifully coloured. Your card covers all the Challenge elements. It's so sweet. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen