26 April 2023

It's been EXACTLY one year since I re-started doing challenges

I know when I stepped down as a SU! demo last year in April one of the things that helped me re-find my love of stamping was doing challenges regularly. It is funny how I had a wee break over Christmas from them and speaking to my stamping buddy Sarah yesterday I said I was going to start doing them again TODAY and then when I look April 26th 2022 was when I started doing them last year. 

I have a wee list of challenge sites on the RHS of my blog which I used to try and do as many as I could each week. So it was hard to choose which challenge to start off with again but as soon as I saw AAA card challenge was to use a torn edge and Less is More challenge site were giving us free range as long as clean and simple (CAS), "I was in with a grin".



I have used 2 big post it notes to make my torn edge and then white embossed the falling rain. I used  distress oxides to make a blended background starting with Tumbled Glass at the bottom, then Salty Ocean and lastly Blueprint Sketch. I used Lavinia Smooth and Multifarious white card stock as my base card, as it's a great weight and distress oxides love to blend on it.

All the stamped images came from the February 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit (Hero Arts). I wanted a yellow umbrella and gumboots and a peachy dress. The wee girl has been die cut out and popped up on 1mm Spellbinders foam squares.

My Copics used (darkest > lightest):
Yellow: Y08/06/02
Peach: YR02/61/20
"Skin": E04/00

Challenge AAA #238 LIM#481







There are a lots of cool cards at both sites from the DT and the other entrants so if you don't have time to join in with the challenge, do check out the fab cards.

EDITED 7/5/23: Wow my get back into challenge card was chosen as the fav card over at AAA by Nancy so that has made my night. Nancy said she loved the amount of depth created in the one layer card. I have to admit I still have this card up on display on top of the book case as it is one of my favourite cards I've created recently. Sometimes a card just pops and this one did.


12 comments:

  1. So glad you joined us at Less is More with this beautiful card,I just love how you did the rain effect stunning and you managed to keep it CAS just perfect for our anything goes challenge.Oh and happy anniversary !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie I do love CAS so great to play along with you all

      Delete
  2. fabulous Karen! love the falling rain...you know on a card ;-) Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges, and I spotted it in the Less is More gallery too...thank you hope to see you back nect week as AAA starts a new one on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right rain on a card is perfect, winter is coming to us down under and I still see rain as an opportunity to craft, so lots of crafting time coming up

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love! What can I say, I love absolutely everything about this card! Thank you so much for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards! I hope you'll be joining us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane I've missed the challenge of having to "think" so looking forward to doing more challenges again especially now winter is just around the corner. I love my virtual card classes but realise I need some KReating by me to make me truly happy

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with you on the inspiration and the energy you can get from doing challenges! I love what you came up with. That rich blue, rainy strip pops beautifully with her sweet yellow umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim that is so kind I am a secret watcher of all your fab cards so very honoured by your kind words

      Delete
  5. this is lovely, perfect for our challenge.

    thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design, love the blending and the girl peering at the rain ready to jump in! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Cathy it's raining so hard at the moment I may need to go jump in a puddle with my gumboots too, but not sure about dancing

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen