23 April 2023

Overcoming my fear of fiddly

I realised a long time ago I'm not really into fiddly and lots of layers and yet I can colour an image for hours. One of the things I love about paper crafting is there are so many options as to what floats "your" boat. At my first Crop and Create I loved the look of the Spellbinders class but we had to die cut out what looked like trillions of bits from various cardstock to make a dancing elf and it looked fab but oh so fiddly and yes still waiting to get done one day.

This time I had a buddy to do the event and kept telling her we WE ARE GOING TO DO THE SPELLBINDERS class so we could die cut out all the bits together but we ran out of time in our homemade schedule. One of the ladies from across the ditch told me this class wasn't as fussy or as fiddly as the last one and she was right! This class was taught by Kim Kesti. The die in really a one piece stem with leaves and spots where the flowers are added too. You can also add extra layers of leaves to the leaf on the stem as well.

Saying that it's been a really busy weekend celebrating family so I managed to only make one card all weekend. I might be the only person praying for rain so I can blob out in my craft room but winter is coming.

I loved my card and it wasn't too fussy or fiddly.

I think the 2 layers for the flower centres is a stroke of genius, it really pops and looks sensational in the matt gold paper we were provided with.

Spellbinders were very generous again and we received the following items in our card kit:




The stamps, dies, sequins are all currently available at Krafters Cart in NZ and retail for $103 alone without the card stock. I've just grabbed the matching oval dies and can't wait to receive them. There are 16 dies for $39 and they co-ordinate with what I have already received and a much more modern take on the traditional oval.

Supply List (all Spellbinders unless stated otherwise):
Stamps: none
Ink: Worn Lipstick and Mowed Lawn distress oxides (RNG)
Paper: Pink Sand (pale pink), Fruit Punch (bright pink), Peridot (lime green), Rain Forest (mid-green), Portobello (mushroom brown), Alabaster (cream), Brushed Gold
Dies: Stylish Oval Hello You Florals, Infinity Punch and Pierce
Sequins: Aura opalescent

Well it seems quite funny only blogging one card from a class but I love it and the colour combo so will be back with card 2 and 3.

The next Crop and Create event registration is opening this week but I'll blog closer to the time in case others are interested in joining in with the fun. You can read a bit more about the next one HERE.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen