5 April 2023

EZ with CZ

Good morning sharing another fab class from my SCT Crop and Create event, Cathy Zielske always get the short straw and kicks of one of the days teaching us our Concord and 9th (C9) class. It is expected she is bra-less and no hard pants and now it is also expected she sings us a song too and she did not disappoint, she is a real crack up. As well as being a fab card maker or maybe the reason she is so fab is she is a graphic designer by trade and her cards always pack a wow.

This was one of the classes I was really looking forward too as the sneaks we had seen looked fab, there were a lot of postage stamp vibes going on - this was something I did not have anything like it in my stash. C9 are always generous and seem to give us 6 mini ink pads so I now have 12 in my collection, this year we got to play with four of their new colours that are being released April 10th in the States.


Again lots of stenciling happening "this is the year of the stencil" I thought the last 2 years were big but I think it is getting big biggerer! But what a lovely collection of cards with lots of things going on, even the totally stenciled card with the lighthouse and sun is on the big postage stamp die-cut with a wee flower die-cut in the corner. 

My stamping buddy for the weekend wanted to create a red lighthouse but I was happy to play with the new inks we were provided but someone in the FB group created their lighthouse with C9's Honeysuckle ink and I want a Honeysuckle lighthouse now!

The second card was easy as all the stamped flowers and leaves had already been stamped and die cut out as part of our prep work for the class. The glitter drops are added by me as my Butterscotch glitter drops from PFS matched the new colour Spiced Cedar beautifully. 

The stripe is created with the stencil and the 2 new inks Nectar and Spiced Cider but you really need a stamp positioner in fact a MISTI if you want to do this perfectly, I managed to sell Sarah my 2nd mini MISTI after this as she owned a Stamp-aratus but she could see how the wee MISTI is perfect for sentiments and small details like this. I only owned 2 minis as I mislaid my original and even though I own a full size one I love my mini MISTI so much I couldn't live without it. Funnily I only found the missing one as I was really tidying up my craft room so Sarah could craft in my space with me for the weekend.

The big postage die-cut has been trimmed to make our panel and the other wee detail is the watermark peeking out from under the flowers.

The last card we got to make lots of small wee stenciled backgrounds and then die-cut out as "stamps" and lots of details added ie wee stamped messages and wee die-cuts.

This was fun and yes it was EZ as CZ!!

Here's Cathy's sneak peek and I am happy I did her proud:

The wee inkpads we received, buttercup and parsley are part of their current range and the other 4 are coming for release April 10.

And the rest of the kit (plus not photographed we also received some matching cardstock for the card base and making flower die cuts).

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen