3 April 2023

Envelope pop up cards

This is my Pink and Main class from the recent SCT Crop and Create event. We received a 33-piece envelope pop-up die set. YES 33 PIECES!!

I love Pink & Main dies; they are bright pink so if you drop a piece they are normally easy to find. 

We also received a rectangle patterns stencil and we used all the patterns bar one, a stamp set, patterned paper and a zippered mesh project bag. Again the company was so generous and this will be one die I will be revisiting again, lots of examples for Easter popping up in our Facebook group already.

The class was taught by Michelle Currie and this was the only class I have done so far where I was waiting for her to catch up to me! So a nice manageable pace, all my die-cutting was done as part of my homework.

She also showed lots of cool other ideas other than the 3 cards we were being taught, so I created another 2 cards as well. Michelle made her own coloured card stock using her alcohol markers to make coloured card for her diecuts that was close to the patterned paper they gave us. I just grabbed offcuts and scraps for various colours I thought were a close match and that was really easy!

The official 3 cards:


2 of the cards were freestanding envelopes and the die created a middle layer, my snap of the "inside" is terrible but I'm sure you can get the idea. And yes they fold flat to go in an A2 envelope.

We had to use 110-lb weight card stock for our layers to create the "envelope" and the patterned DSP they provided was also a real heavy weight, which is why these are so sturdy.

We used the stripes stencil for the notecard and I used my Daffodil Delight ink (SU!). Card stock for the diecuts, I used Melon Mambo, Polished Pink, Mint Macaron, Daffodil Delight and Starry Sky (all SU!). The sentiment comes from the stamp set we received called Sweet Posies, even the banner die was part of the envelope die set.

The other envelope die was "masculine", colours as above and I used some scraps of a mint glitter paper I had in my scrap box. This time we used the spots rectangle stencil for the notecard.

I really liked the flower dies we received they were a great size and certainly made cute flowers with them. This card was so easy to create, aren't the word dies also awesome. This is the 3rd pattern from the stencils (the only one we didn't use was the honeycomb).

Last but not least 2 extra cards, casing her extra examples she shared.  The envelope this time has the side folds cut off and added to an A2 card front.

The patterned paper we received from Pink and Main was very bright and cheery and looking through my stash I spied these two which are retired DSP from SU!, neither I really liked but they worked together. They were called Abstract Beauty (lining) and Artistry Blooms (on the outside of the envelope). Colours I used matched the DSP so Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, Balmy Blue, Night of Navy (all SU!) and my scraps of mint glitter paper for the heart. The glitter drops are Pinkfresh Studios Twilight Ombre glitter drops and they are pink and orange IRL.


This is actually my favourite card I just love the bright cheery "Spring colours", blue this time is Tahitian Tide, I have also used Parakeet Party and Early Espresso card stock from SU!, pale pink is Ballet Slipper (C9).


 I have to say these cards make me happy and if you ever see the Envelope pop up die set for sale grab it! With the SCT event a lot of the product is exclusive for the event or we are using them well before they are released for sale but I have seen some products definitely become available from the last one I took part in and so hopefully this one does come on the market as it's a "keeper" all right.


Here is a close-up of the envelope pop-up die set, I cut it so I could fit in the largest Avery Elle pocket as I store all my stamps and dies in fridge bins. 

And the sneak peeks of Michelle's cards:


#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen