29 April 2023

Secret Garden Window

I started off my day wanting to enter in the latest Lawn Fawn Addicts challenge and wanted to combine with a few other sites to (a) add layers (that was definitely ticked) and (b) add a window (tick but oops forgot it was a CAS challenge site). But I am really pleased I used this die I think it looks so much nicer than if I had just made an A2 standard card with my Gleeful Gardens and some grass and hill borders.

The Lawn Fawns challenge is "country or city" which is why I thought of a field for the country. AAA birthday's wanted layers and I thought a belated birthday card is always handy to have, as I don't believe I have used the snail in this set until today and I have had this set for a very long time. Probably since since 2015 when it was originally released and I would have bought the set for the mushrooms as I used to work in a Mycology Lab.


I created the front panel with DSP and cardstock and then marked where the outer bell-shape was on the card base with a pencil and covered up the edges with post it notes, as I didn't want my blending to go outside my stitched rectangle.


I have used the following distress oxide inks: Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold and Shaded Lilac. I have spritzed with my water bottle and my Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz (imagine crafts) waited approximately a minute and then blotted off. Lastly I lightly splattered with white gold Gansai Tambo paint and let dry.

Supply List (Lawn Fawn):
Stamps and Dies: Gleeful Gardens
Die: Secret Garden Window, Outside in Stitched Rectangle stackables
Paper: Flower Market 6x6" DSP, Ballet Slipper, Guava, Fake Tan (love this orange)
Other: Prisma glitter

Other Supplies used:
Paper: Granny Apple Green (SU!), Daffodil Delight (SU!), Bermuda Bay (SU!), Fresh Freesia (SU!), Hammermill white, XPress IT blending card stock
Distress oxides (RNG): Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Shaded Lilac
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other: White Gold paint (Gansai Tambi), white gelli roll pen 10, black glaze pen (Sakura), small square 1mm foam squares (SP), Sheer Shimmer Sparkle spritz (imagine crafts), Glitter Gloss pen (Nuvo), blending brushes (TE)

Copics used (darkest > lightest)
Snail : R12/11/01; R20; E15/13/11
Bird: R85/83/81; YR15
Mushroom: BG13/34/32; YR15; E15/13/11
Flower: YR02/61/20; YG03/21; Y21/11






Both challenges finish in a few days time but you still have time to join in and if you don't have time do check out all the fab, fab cards.

EDITED 15/5/23: Happy to say my fabulous card was chosen in the top 4 at AAA Birthdays :)


✿ Karen ✿

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and adorable, I;m sure you're forgiven for being late ;-) Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike I really enjoy colouring wee things and trying to work out what wee die cut looked the best was actually a lot of fun even if I changed my mind and reglued another one on top.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous and Cute Card !! Its Pretty and always good to have a belated cards in the stash . Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deekshita that is the great thing about the card challenges I always have a card for every emergency ;)

      Delete
  3. amazing card! that little garden looks magical! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen