9 June 2024

Masculine Card for AAA Card Challenge 267

It's time for another CAS Challenge at AAA Cards and this week the optional twist is masculine. Personally I like to play along with the twist as it gives me some direction for my card to get started but OMG masculine and CAS, now that is a challenge but the Design Team has some great ideas for masculine done CAS. Someone bet me to the plane so I decided it was finally time for one of my Simon Says Stamp kits from JULY 2015 to finally see ink!! The kit was called Sail Away. It's funny or meant to be BOTH the SSS Challenges are wanting masculine cards so will enter my card into their challenges too.

I have in my stash from about the same time a porthole die from MFT Stamps which I thought would be a great starting point. I found in my scrap bin some ink smooshing by the look of it with Lindy's Magicals or Nuvo Shimmer sprays as it definitely has a shimmer as well as the "splash" which I used as my background. The wee yacht has been stamped and Copic coloured up, fussy cut out on the stamped line and the edges darkened with a Memento dual tip marker.





Supply List:
Stamps: Sailing (SSS)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad and marker pen
Paper: Light brown woodgrain (LF)
Other: Oceanview porthole die (MFT), Copics, blue shimmer powder, 1mm foam squares
Challenges: AAA#267, SSS Monday (masculine) and SSS Wednesday (masculine)



I hope you can join in with us as it's great to have some masculine cards in your stash but anything CAS goes as well. Do check out the great inspiration from the DT to get you started.

Thanks for popping in.
✿Karen✿

8 comments:

  1. not sure cute is a very masculine description, but the little sailboat is just that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike and very pleased I finally got to use it 9 years later

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, love the design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca it's nice to do something for the boys, occasionally.

      Delete
  3. This is so good Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created the window! Such a fabulous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen