Only 3 days to go to the launch of the Summer Mini catalogue, a few of us have swapped cards to show some made samples at our open home. This was my demo swap - really easy & I can not believe how well the colours work together. This colour combo is the same colours as the designer paper that co-ordinates with the stamp set & wow is all I can say.
Stamp set: Eastern Blooms
Ink: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper white
Card Stock: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other: Scallop edge punch, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals
UPDATE: Debbie has asked me how I made this card, so as follows, very easy apart from the cutting but again really easy flowers to cut out.
- Take a piece of A5 card stock - tempting turquoise here, fold in half & I stamped a sentiment in whisper white in the bottom right hand corner.
- Stamp on whisper white card stock various flowers - large & small & cut out and put aside for now.
- To a small strip of old olive using the new scallop edge punch punch out a wee border- cut evenly between the scallops - this decided the size of my rose red cardstock which I've randomly stamped the spray of flowers over with rose red Ink. Looks like designer paper doesn't it but not.
- Attach the old olive scalloped border & wrap an old olive ribbon around.
- Place on card where it looks right with dimensionals & then attach the flowers with dimensionals - though one attached directly to the rose red mat.
- Colours are the same as in the Bali Breeze DSP which is where my inspiration came from.
Thanks for asking.