28 November 2008

Count down to the summer Mini


Only 3 days to go to the launch of the Summer Mini catalogue, a few of us have swapped cards to show some made samples at our open home. This was my demo swap - really easy & I can not believe how well the colours work together. This colour combo is the same colours as the designer paper that co-ordinates with the stamp set & wow is all I can say.


Stamp set: Eastern Blooms
Ink: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper white
Card Stock: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other: Scallop edge punch, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

UPDATE: Debbie has asked me how I made this card, so as follows, very easy apart from the cutting but again really easy flowers to cut out.
  • Take a piece of A5 card stock - tempting turquoise here, fold in half & I stamped a sentiment in whisper white in the bottom right hand corner.
  • Stamp on whisper white card stock various flowers - large & small & cut out and put aside for now.
  • To a small strip of old olive using the new scallop edge punch punch out a wee border- cut evenly between the scallops - this decided the size of my rose red cardstock which I've randomly stamped the spray of flowers over with rose red Ink. Looks like designer paper doesn't it but not.
  • Attach the old olive scalloped border & wrap an old olive ribbon around.
  • Place on card where it looks right with dimensionals & then attach the flowers with dimensionals - though one attached directly to the rose red mat.
  • Colours are the same as in the Bali Breeze DSP which is where my inspiration came from.

Thanks for asking.

7 comments:

  1. these colours are great together! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats nice and bright and friendly love it must get that set also only three days left of daily posting yeah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning card. Looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you are one busy lady and I am so far behind. This card is so bright and cheerful I love it! Do you do workshops with your SU business? Just curious. I don't, wish I had the guts to do it. The posting on the paper is a great one. Where the image isn't clear and crisp what kind of paper is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are amazing - so colorful - and so depictive of summer! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours and they've made a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Karen, this is gorgeous. Love everything about it!
    Eastern Blooms is my fave summer mini set. Looking forward to having a major play with it.
    Best wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen