15 November 2008

Happy birthday mum

Stampin Up and Garden Whimsy
My mum Noleen is 73 today & it's been a rough year for her (& us) with at times more being in hospital than out, but at the moment she's a box of birds - touch wood & I do hope you enjoy your special day.

Mum loves butterflies & I've never created a Garden Whimsy card combining the tulip with the butterfly or the snail for that matter. This card's colours were inspired by the colour wheel & believe or not I've used ruby red on the tulip again - I did try a couple of other combos see the wee snap shot but settled on cameo coral & ruby red & handsome hunter (colour wheel combo) as it was the brightest. This was a good show case for colouring on stamps with markers - don't forget for the first time ever we can buy them separately for $5.95 until Nov 30th. More details click HERE.

The card was inspired by Jayne Mercer & I love her colour combo but "not my mum". I've stamped the blush blossom card stock with the wee ladybird but not sure if it will show in the photo.

Stampin Up and Garden Whimsy
Stamp sets: Garden Whimsy, Occasional Greetings
Card Stock: Ruby Red, Handsome Hunter, Whisper White, Blush Blossom
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Apricot Appeal, Blush Blossom
Markers: Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Handsome Hunter
Other: Cutter tool (distressing), dimensionals, 2-way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, Ivory organza (retired)

Rejected colours (not bright enough):

LHS: So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive
RHS: Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery

Have a great weekend all!


11 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful & festive birthday card! So well done. I'm sure your mom is going to love it! Please extend wishes to her from your SBS sisters too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Your mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is is very lovely I am sure your mum will really like it!!!! Yep I am sorry to say my baby might be chip of the old block LOL....that card I made is for my older sister she has been very busy in her life so thought I would send her a card...

    thanks for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great card. I know your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Karen!
    Garden Whimsy is a beautiful set and you've used it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Karen's Mum and I too hope you have a lovely day and a much nicer year ahead. Gorgeous card Karen - really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Karen - really worth while going the extra mile for Mum's, huh?! Looks like you've been super busy again. Have a great week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Karen's Mum! Hope you all had a lovely day... this is real nice card Karen... am sure your Mum loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well! Our Mums share a birthday Karen :)

    Happy Birthday Karen's Mum, you have a great card from a talented daughter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet your mum will love this card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card Karen. I bet your Mum loved it!

    Hope she had a lovely birthday.

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen