21 November 2008

Blooming Beautiful!


I've always loved my water colour crayons but WOW the effect when you use them on water colour paper is amazing. I really enjoyed painting my petunias up & think they look stunning IRL.


Stamp set: Bloomin' with Beauty
Ink: Black Stazon, River Rock, Always Artichoke
Card stock: Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Natural Ivory, Water Colour Paper
Other: Aqua painter, Water Colour Crayons (I used rose red, regal rose, bravo burgundy for the flowers, always artichoke for the leaves, creamy caramel for the pot), Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, sponge dauber, artichoke grosgrain ribbon

I've used a mask for the large vase to stamp lightly in River Rock around it. I've also lightly water coloured the background flower with Regal Rose very carefully as River Rock is not a water proof ink & then used a dauber to sponge the edges with River Rock.

7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Karen, your card is beautiful. I love this set, hope it gets in the main catty next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Karen, it looks fantastic, love the colours you have used. want to see the card up close now.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is stunning! Gorgeous petunias and great colouring.
    Hugs Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Watercolour paper is lovely to use. You have coloured this beautifully - it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great watercolouring!! i need to pull out my crayons and try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work Karen! Another technique you're better at than I am! And yes everyone it's even better IRL. See you on Saturday Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen